Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Bronx style


Mother's Day was a very good day!  The morning was started with one of my favorite grown-up breakfasts--crepes and lemon curd & cinnamon sugar.  Then I was presented with some darling adornments picked out by my kids--some flower earrings and a turquoise color flat bead necklace. (Thanks, Evan, you're getting better every year!) I even got a mid-morning nap in!

We started a very humorous tradition a few years ago in that we spend Mother's Day afternoon on City Island at the end of the road at a place called Johnny's Reef Restaurant.  It's like a combination of Coney Island Boardwalk and the New York Stock Exchange Trading floor. (I'm not kidding!  You have to experience it on a busy day!)  It's really the antithesis of what most other people's Mother's Day's version is, but our family loves it.  Evan said he just couldn't wipe the smile off his face the whole time we were there.  The funny part is that it's mainly DEEP FRIED Seafood and all of you that know me, know I'm not a fan of any sort of seafood, yet, their chicken is good and the atmosphere is like no other, so I'm good with it.




We really stood out!


The "dining room"

All in all a great Mother's Day!  I felt honored and once again I cherish my kids, especially when they don't whine at me all day!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That is so awesome!!!! Liz you rock!

Lynita said...

Sounds like such a great day, I am so glad you had fun. You definately deserve a Happy Mother's Day every day!