Evan: Let's make a cake for mommy's party!
Monday, April 28, 2008
My DH listened to my hints and now I have a new baby...
Friday, April 25, 2008
For my birthday, I'm going to go unconventional and write about myself:
10. I'm spontaneous. Want to go to a movie at 9pm on a weeknight? I'm there. Wanna stop by to visit for a few minutes? Great, I'll pour you some limeade. Great deal on airfare and hotel in Vieques this weekend? Let's jet!
9. I love getting lost in the details of parties, events and life. Some people may say, why does it matter that all the towels are folded the same way to fit uniform in the closet, I say, it's like art in your home. Some may say, who cares if there are fresh flowers on the dinner table and fun coordinating plates--it matters to me. Got a party to plan? I'm on it!
8. I love maps. I've always loved to study them and look at the world and all the places I've never heard of and imagine life there. I can't believe how far away civilization is from some islands. Do those people feel isolated?
7. I love flowers. I wish I had the time and patience at this stage in my life to garden, and my latest attempt at planting seeds that grew into beautiful seedings failed last week when they all dried out in the warm sun. Oops. They were getting so big and full too. I guess I had better stick to buying cut flowers.
6. I'm addicted to Kettle Corn, Microwave Popcorn and only the Stop & Shop brand. I've never even looked at the label. I'm afraid to see what the calorie and fat count are.
5. My favorite color is navy blue.
4. I love garage sales except for the really depressing ones where everything is broken down, full of cobwebs and dust and looks like it came from the dumpster.
3. My favorite shows are all the reality ones. Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, Survivor, Project Runway and American's Next Top Model. It's an interesting observation, but I love to watch how people evolve in a game situation and they really do or they are booted off.
2. I am the luckiest girl being married to Evan.
1. Sophia, Wesley and Luke haven't cried all day today and that's the best birthday present yet!
37 isn't so bad!
Friday, April 18, 2008
The Royal Star Magnolias are in full swing, that's how I know! I wish I could paste the fragrance on this blog somehow because it's such a lovely smell. Here is an example!
The yard is coming back to life from its long, Winter sleep and we couldn't be more thrilled! Welcome back SPRING!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Have you ever had things happening around you and you keep looking for the Candid Camera or Punk'd team to come out and say, hahaha, gotcha!??!?!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
...so, many of you know about my tv shoot with Current TV featuring Curly's and Trash Talk Media as a stay at home mom.(still yet to have its final edit) Our next publicity stunt is today's NY Times Home section. Well, actually it's not necessarily a stunt because they came looking for us as did the tv shoot. Our kitchen was featured in the Times today. The kids made the final cut where they are making pasta by hand at the counter. Suzanne, the NY Times shutterbug was at our house for an hour and a half on a Saturday snapping shots of every angle and corner of our kitchen including the knobs, the drawers, the fridges, us, not us, the doors, the hinges, the spices, the breadbox, the baskets of fruit, the counters, well, you get the idea, don't you? (I could go on!) I have been so curious to see what made it to ink. Congratulations, Wesley, Sophia and Evan's world famous fresh pasta! Here's the story! Slowly, we're making up our 15 minutes of fame...30 seconds at a time!